200hr Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training : Intense Immersion Course
Module 1 Immersion into the Essence of Yoga: March 12-24, 2017
Module 2 Immersion into the Art of Teaching: March 26-April 07, 2017
This program provides a safe, nurturing, and creative environment in which to grow and deepen your Yoga practice and begin the journey towards becoming a yoga teacher. It is designed for students seeking to deepen their relationship with yoga and for those wishing to teach this beauti-ful ancient art.
BelovedYoga, from the Washington D.C. Metropolitan Area, is working in cooperation with Zoga Yoga studio in Dubai to create this thorough and engaging program serving the community of Dubai, the UAE and the Middle East. BelovedYoga has been successfully training Yoga Teach-ers almost 10 years with schools in the USA and in France.
This intensive immersion course is led by Maryam Ovissi and Jafar Alexander of BelovedYoga Combined they have over 20 years of experience walking the path and inspiring students to share it. They offer a unique and empowering methodology in which you will gain access to the tools of yoga that will serve you in connecting to, and expand-ing your Prana. Thereby creating a stronger bond to your Consciousness. Simple and powerful Pranayama and Asana practices will be shared to allow you access to your own inner intelli-gence. The program is wrapped around the philosophy of Sthira/Sukham, and finding the middle ~your own unique intelligent middle~ as well as how to master holding space and guiding yoga classes that allow students various gateways in which to embody “Sthira Sukham Asanam “YS2.46.
We honor the essence of Vinyasa as inspired by Krishnamacharya, and shared by the lineages of Ashtanga, Iyengar,Svastha and Viniyoga. Central to our practice is the breath and focus of “Working In” more than “Working Out”. We welcome all students of Yoga.
Learn more about Maryam Ovissi & Jafar Alexander
Mentoring and certification
This 200 hr program is offered over four weeks, divided into two-week modules.
It incorporates aspects of a unique mentoring program and is certified by the Yoga Alliance. Up-on graduation participants will receive a Registered Yoga Teacher Certification that’s recognized worldwide.
In order to ensure the quality of the program is sustained, we only accept 20 students into this program. The teaching module is optional but completion of the first is mandatory for continua-tion into Module 2 and accreditation.
The program is given in English and manuals are provided in English only.
Content, accreditation and requirements
200-hour Program overview
- History, philosophy and various paths of Yoga
- Insight into the Yoga Sutras & Bhagavad Gita
- Establish and deepen your daily asana and meditation practice
- Deepen your understanding of poses and their benefits/contradictions
- Begin to read the body and adapt poses appropriately
- Sequence poses to create a balanced flow
- Anatomy for Yoga Teachers, including Energetic Anatomy
- Understand the muscular-skeletal components of selected postures
- Cultivate deeper levels of awareness and balance in mind and body
- Learn to lead group meditation and daily yoga practice
- Assist students in experiencing transformation
- Learn safe and effective adjustments
- Intelligent Sequencing for all levels of classes
- Learn about the art of language and power of music for teaching
- Deepen your knowledge of Sanskrit and Chanting
- Yoga for Body, Breath & Mind by A.G.Mohan
- Yamas & Niyamas by Deborah Adele
- The Key Muscles of Yoga by Dr. Ray Long
- Bhagavad Gita (Stephen Mitchell)
You are responsible to obtain the books. We will provide the Vinyasa Teacher Training Work-book and Yoga Sutra Guidebook for the Immersion course.
Early Bird (before January 1, 2017) : AED 11,500
Regular Rate: AED 13,200
Module 1 ONLY: AED 5,750 (before Jan 1, 2017) / AED 6,600 thereafter
*If you are traveling and are seeking housing. We have options available. Please email us to inquire.
|08:00 – 10:00 Philosophy, Pranayama & Meditation|
|10:30 – 12:00 Vinyasa class|
|12:00 – 12:30 Discussion/Q&A|
|12:30 – 13:45 Lunch|
|Lecture: Module 1|
|13:45 – 17:00 Asanas, Anatomy, Alignment|
|Lecture: Module 2|
|13:45 – 17:00 Sequencing & Teaching Methodology|
Accreditation and requirements
The curriculum for the 200-hour program meets Yoga Alliance standards: Techniques Train-ing/Practice, Teaching Methodology, Anatomy and Physiology, Yoga Philosophy/Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers, Practicum and remaining hours of additional home study and prac-tice. In order to apply for the 200-hour level we require at least one year’s experience of yoga practice and an interview will be conducted via skype or by phone upon completion of the application form